Monday, October 15, 2007

STORIES TO WATCH OUT FOR THIS WEEK

- I recently spoke with Adela Barroquillo, Filipina survivor of WWII Japanese military sexual slavery, when she came here for a global conference. Her story is heartbreaking, but her courage is awe-inspiring.

- Last night, I interviewed Martin Nievera for Balitang America, and watched his concert, too. I'll do a profile on him later this week. Even as he's facing one of the most controversial times of his personal life, the Philippines' concert king still rocked the house. The concert, benefiting Asians for Miracle Marrow Matches, was held at the Cerritos Performing Arts Center.

- I also have some wonderful news: Meraly Mariano, the little Mangyan girl born with a heart problem whose story touched many people, has successfully undergone a corrective surgery. This week, I'll post her recent pictures and an update on how she's doing now. Here's a link to Meraly's story.

No comments: