Monday, March 26, 2007

PINOY HOLLYWOOD:

Cheryl Burke

She's Dancing With The Stars' two-time champ, and now, Cheryl Burke is TV Guide's newest celebrity blogger. Here's what she says about tonight's show:


"This week we're dancing the quickstep and I really think people are going to be impressed by Ian's moves. He's really working it this week. I'd tell you what our song is, but I'm going to let that be a big surprise."

Cheryl Burke Trivia:

Birth date: May 1984 in Northern California.

Height: 5' 4"

Cheryl is a middle child. She has an older sister and a younger sister.

Her mom, Sherri Bautista Burke, was from Nueva Ecija.

She finished high school in 2002.

Unfinished Business: "I want to go back to school. I wanna take up something that will help me in my career in the long run, like business management or finance. My mom's best advice to me is 'Follow your heart, follow your dream, but never forget your education.'"

She is currently dating Matthew Lawrence, the younger brother of her former dance partner, Drew. She tells People magazine: "He's a great, smart, wonderful guy. We started dating at the end of December while I was on the (Dancing with the Stars) tour (with his older brother, Joey Lawrence) and we're having a lot of fun."

Despite going through physically exhausting dance competitions for more than 17 years, she has not had any injuries. "Thank God."

She considers being away from home as the hardest part of being a professional dancer. "Sometimes I wish I could just stay home for a whole month and just be with my family and friends, maybe read a book. It's hard living out of your suitcase," she says. "But it's okay."
She still sees more dance lessons in her future. "I'm still learning. I have loads to learn. I have years and years to go."

Her motto: "Live your dream to the fullest."

No comments: