Investigators found that the company systematically dropped policyholders after they became sick or pregnant. Tsk.
Kung may problema kayo sa health insurance ninyo, visit the Department of Managed Health Care's website for information on how to get help.
The website also offers the following tips when you encounter problems:
- If you are told that you cannot get the care you need, ask for the reason in writing.
- Talk to your doctor about your problem.
- When you make a phone call, take notes. Write down the date of your call, the name of the person you talk to, and what the person says.
- Have someone with you for extra support.
- Act soon. If you wait longer than 6 months, you may lose the right to file a complaint, ask for an IMR, or take other action against your health plan.