Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ASK A KABABAYAN: "My employer is not paying my salary on time. How can I get help from the Dept. of Labor?"

I got this question recently from a Southern California Pinay nurse. Isang buwan na syang di nakakatanggap ng sweldo kasi laging tumatalbog ang tseke ng employer n'ya.

Her case has been reported to Labor officials. They say that the employer is doing an illegal act by not paying her and her co-workers on regularly scheduled paydays.
There are two agencies that employees in California with wage problems can get help from. One is through the California Department of Industrial Relations (specifically, the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement ), and the other one is through the federal government.

Here is the link to office locations and phone numbers of the Division Of Labor Standards Enforcement: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DistrictOffices.htm

CALIFORNIA: (866) 924-9757
OTHER STATES: (866) 4US-WAGE (866-487-9243)

No comments: