A lot of people who lost their jobs due to the present economy are hurting from losing their health insurance coverage. Many people don't have health insurance in the first place.
Luckily, there are people in the community who are always there to help those in need.
If you live in or near Los Angeles, here's an opportunity for you to get health screenings for free. At this health fair, you will also get information about eligibility for public health care programs including Medi-Cal, Medicare, Healthy Families, and California Kids.
Here are the details:
Asian Pacific Health Care Venture and The Philippine Consulate General, Los Angeles - 5th Annual Pagpahalaga Sa Kalusugan Ng Pamilya Health Fair
Where: Philippine Consulate, Community Hall, Ste.500
3600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 500, Los Angeles, CA 90010
When: October 22/2008 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
October 23/2008 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
October 24/2008 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Schedule of Activities & Free Services:
· Blood pressure screening * Glucose screening * BMI screening
· Information about eligibility for public health care programs including Medi-Cal, Medicare, Healthy Families, and California Kids
· Information about available services in the community such as:
o Pregnancy testing & counseling, HIV screening, prevention & counseling
o Family planning; Parenting classes, CPR Training; Nutrition Education for Diabetics
o Healthy Women screenings (mammograms & pap smears),
o Enrollment to WIC, Food Stamps, Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, other health programs
· On-site Osteoporosis scanning services
· Bone Marrow Donor Registration undertaken by the National Marrow Donor Program