Monday, August 11, 2008

U.S. Passport Card Acceptable
for Employment Eligibility Verification

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is informing the public that the new U.S. Passport Card may be used in the Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9) process. Typically, employers ask you to fill up this form when you're a new employee.

The Passport Card is a wallet-sized document for land and sea travel between the United States and Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. It is not valid for international travel by air - for that, you need the regular passport.

In July, the Departments of State and Homeland Security announced that the new passport card was in full production. The new card is less expensive and convenient, and will expedite document processing at United States land and sea ports-of-entry for U.S. citizens traveling to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.

While the new card is not valid for international travel, it is a valid passport that attests to the U.S. citizenship and identity of the bearer. So, the card may be used for the Form I-9 process and can also be accepted by employers participating in the E-Verify program.

The passport card is considered a “List A” document that may be presented by newly hired employees during the employment eligibility verification process to show work-authorized status. “List A” documents are those used by employees to prove both identity and work authorization when completing the Form I-9.

The Passport Card is available for $45 for first-time adult applicants and $35 for children under 16. Adults who currently have valid passports can apply for the passport card by mail for $20.

Para mag-apply ng U.S. Passport Card, or the traditional passport, go to

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yong, OMG!!!!! It is my pleasure to see you in my blog, I appreciate your comments a lot and will add you to my blog roll.

I am so glad to link your blog informative blog and will add it to my blogroll.

Hubby and I love to watch TFC shows such as: Wowowee, GKNB, Balitang America and Citizen Pinoy coz my hubby loves to say "tago ng tago" hahah =)

Anyway, here is the tip on how to get those subscribes and readers:
visit: then feed your blog (follow on screen instructions)then activate your feeds - go to Publicize Tab and it will give you the codes.

For the recent visitors: here are the sites to join:

and the feedjit so you can monitor your visitors pls visit: If ur having trouble you can simply click the widgets in my blog and it will take you to the websites.

Have a great day and once again thank you and I am so proud to have met you here in the blogosphere.