Thursday, August 14, 2008

HOUSEKEEPING

I met a fellow Pinay blogger online (Hi, Avee!) and she gave me some tips on how to add some gadgets on FilipinOnline. Hopefully, I'll be able to follow her instructions because as evidenced by the bare-bones look of this little shingle, I could never be mistaken for a blogging expert.

Anyway-- This morning, I added a 'Latest News' link on the right. I put the keywords 'Filipino Americans' and was pleasantly surprised to see the online version of my Balitang America report about Singgalot in the ABS-CBN site as one of the links. Serendipitous! If you didn't catch that TV report, this short article summarizes the event.

And if you find yourself in the L.A. area, go to Remy's at Temple in Historic Filipinotown and see this Smithsonian Institution exhibit about the history of Fil Ams in the last 100 years. It's terrific, compelling, educational, and touching.

Here's a photo from the exhibit's opening taken by lotusflower252004, sent to me by one of Singgalot's prime movers, Prosy de la Cruz.

No comments: