Thursday, February 21, 2008

PINAY IDOL RAMIELE MALUBAY


If you're a Pinoy and you haven't heard that one of our own is once again on American Idol's top 24, you might wanna get out of that rock you live in.

Kidding aside, how cool is it that Ramiele Malubay (who corrected Simon's mangled pronunciation of her last name during her audition, by the way) came off as one of last night's best performers? Today, she graced TV Guide.com's cover and its resident critic praised her and called her "gorgeous".

The 20-year-old Florida native lists Filipina singers Regine Velasquez and Lani Misalucha as two of her favorite singers in her official Fox bio. Below are some excerpts from it:

What is your most embarassing moment?
My most embarrassing moment has to be when I was singing for an event and right at the beginning of the song I slipped because of my heels.

Do you have any rituals or things you do before you perform?
I pray & hold onto the guardian angel coin with my birthstone on it that my mom gave me.

What album would your friends be surprised you own?
Spice Girls!

What are your personal goals in life?
My personal goals in life are to become a better daughter/sister, finish school, have a better relationship in the love department...just continue to be happy.

If you don't make it on American Idol, what will you do?
If I don't make it on American Idol, I'm still going to continue to sing and go to school for nursing.

No comments: