Monday, July 30, 2007

POP KENDI: BEST OF THE WEEK


Best Movie:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on IMAX

I saw it first on regular theaters on the first day of its run but a friend said it looked so much better on IMAX, and she was right. When the 3D part came up, a loopy teen in front of me kept reaching up to touch Harry's face because it looked so near.
I also enjoyed (on DVD): Starter for 10, a pretty okay movie with awesome '80s soundtrack.


Best TV Show:
History Channel's Human Weapon featuring Escrima
It was such a thrill to see a whole episode of an American TV show shot entirely in the Philippines and featuring talented Pinoys. The Pinoy escrima martial artists were amazing, and the countryside sceneries were breathtakingly beautiful. Go here to see a clip from the show. The episode will re-air in August so check your local listings, and Tivo or DVR it! My favorite part was when a manong escrima master scolded the American hosts of the show as they were 'artfully' wielding the arnis instead of whacking away like they apparently should: "Don't dance! It's not a dance."

Best Website: SingShot
This karaoke website will let me (and you) record and share my (and your) most gutsy rendition of, let's see, ooh! "I Will Survive"! Bring out the ear plugs!

Best Book: Still Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
I've never re-read a book so quickly after the first go but I just love love love this book.
I'm also reading: Good Grief by Lolly Winston

No comments: