Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Oscars reports

This past awards season I covered the three major awards: The Emmys, the Golden Globes, and the Oscars.

I was the first Filipina TV reporter to cover all three in one year so it's been a humbling and pinch-me-please-unbelievable experience.

I grew up in a small barrio in Batangas where I had to beg neighbors to open their window so I can watch with them when Hollywood awards aired. While at the Emmys and the Globes interviewing big stars, I had an "Am I really here?"moment of panic. I had to get over it quickly because stars were coming and I had a job to do.

People only see the glamourous side of it, but covering an awards show, especially these big ones, involves a lot of painstaking hard work and preparation behind the scenes. But it is fun, I'm not gonna lie.

ABS-CBN.com doesn't allow video embedding so please go to these links to watch my report on Fil-Am producers whose short film won an Oscar, plus Fil-Am nominees Matthew Libatique and Hailee Steinfeld:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/entertainment/02/28/11/fil-ams-sweep-oscars-best-short-film

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/02/28/11/shell-be-oscars-one-day-pinay-winners-dad


And here's the report I did for Balitang America. Go to the beginning part of this video to see my report. It's weirdly set at the end:



(Photo credit: Benjie Uy)

No comments: