Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ARNEL PINEDA: "I just want to give back"

Arnel Pineda's New Journey 
Includes Philanthropy

By: Yong Chavez
www.FilipinOnline.com





I recently interviewed Arnel Pineda, the lead singer of Journey. His amazing voice is already well-known, but what not a lot of people know about him is that Arnel is doing a lot of charity work to help Filipino kids in need.

"It takes one person to care, to make a difference in another person's life," he said. "People helped me to be where I am today, so I want to help others, too."

The Arnel Pineda Foundation is funded mostly through Arnel's solo fundraising concerts. Once his Journey commitments start, he plans to auction off his memorabilia to keep the program running, with the help of other big-hearted kababayans.

In my extended interview above, he talks about his foundation and his upcoming Journey projects. Candidly, he also shares the price of his fame and he also talks about what he misses from his old life back in the Philippines.

And here's the news report I did about him which aired on The Filipino Channel in July.


1 comment:

momzblotter said...

Great Blog!!! I would love it if you would visit my blog, and become a follower. www.roof-detective.blogspot.com and www.momzblotter.blogspot.com. I look forward to seeing you there.