Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Update

I will try to update this blog more often. I know I've said that before but this time I think I have a better plan.


I'm working to get several interesting interviews - stories of Fil-Ams doing well and doing things that matter, as well as those whose lives can serve as inspirations and even lessons for the rest of us.


Also coming: more consumer-related posts and news you can use.


Most of these posts will be FilipinOnline exclusive. It's the only way I can do some of these stories - some of them I won't be able to do for TV or print due to various reasons. There are a few that I've pitched and hopefully will be approved for TV but now I won't stop pursuing a story if the show can't approve it. I understand that TV reaches the widest number of people and I would love for some of the stories to end up there but due to the show's budget constraints or editorial decisions (such as when a subject has already been featured in a short report by a colleague), that is just not possible at this time. This way, I can do more comprehensive stories and try to provide more information and hopefully inspire or caution kababayans as needed.


It won't be easy. Blogging doesn't pay - not for me, anyway. I don't have a sponsor; I've never really looked for one. Maybe soon, but for now, I'm okay with doing this because I feel it's important not because it will give me something back. This is on my bucket list: to be able to make a difference to someone's life even in the smallest way through the opportunities I've been given. I won't wait till it's too late to do this.

No comments: