Sunday, August 2, 2009

UPDATES

I feel awful for neglecting my own site due to my crazy schedule. I wish I have 48 hours a day. For those who drop in here and don't see anything new everyday, I'm sorry - but please leave me a note on Twitter - story requests, news tips, comments, what-have-you.

@yongchavezLA

I update it daily (as of now) and I often mention the stories I'm currently working on.

This week, I'm doing a story on Sharon Anne Santos' case. It's become a cold case, unfortunately, and her family is still seeking justice for her death 5 years after. Watch for my story on Balitang America.

Next week, I will cover the Joseph Ileto 10th year memorial service.

After my run of fun features, it's a bit jarring to jump into serious stories again but it's important to tell these stories. As a community reporter, that's my primary responsibility.

But, I hope to do more features again soon. I'm going to pitch a number of fun interviews again and hopefully they'll get approved.

I might also be doing a regular series dealing with consumer advocacy. It's a project close to my heart. I hate scammers and wish to be able to warn and help our kababayans deal with them. More on that later this week.

No comments: