Friday, September 19, 2008

ASK A KABABAYAN:
"How do I get my prescription refilled at another pharmacy. So many things I don't know yet, bago lang ako dito eh."

When I was new here, I didn't even know where to begin at the pharmacy because buying medicine here is different from how we do it in the Philippines where we pretty much just go to the Mercury Drug counter and that's it.

Here you're supposed to have a regular pharmacy pala (recommended so that all your medicine info is concentrated in one place) but I didn't know that so I went through different pharmacies each time I get a prescription, which is not that often, thank God.

I know there's a lot to learn when you're new here, but that's why FilipinOnline is here - to share experiences and hopefully help newcomers like you get the info you need.

Anyway, back to your question: You can just go to your new pharmacy of choice for a refill, just make sure you have your prescription number which is written on the bottle/packaging/drug information sheet of your original prescription.

To avoid the long wait next time, you can even call to have it refilled ahead of time or you can subcribe to auto-refill (I know Rite-Aid has it) so that they will automatically refill your prescription each month, if necessary and allowed by your doctor (see prescription data).

No comments: