A Multicultural Conference for K-12 Educators
KAPWA: You and I are One
Infusing Filipino and Filipino American Content in the Curriculum
Sonoma State University
June 15-16, 2007
The North Bay International Studies Project (NBISP) is pleased to announce a two-day Conference on Filipino history and culture. Academic materials and tools will be provided for teachers to successfully integrate the Filipino American experience into their K-12 classes. The conference will include an evening performance (6/15/07) of Filipino dance and music. The Filipino American Curriculum will emphasize historical content, cultural connections, critical thinking, and community activism.
The Filipino American Curriculum will emphasize ethnic pride, cultural connections, critical thinking, and community activism.
1. Filipino American Educational Issues
2. Philippine History and Culture
3. Colonialism and Revolution
4. Filipino American History
Father Alberto Alejo - Ateneo de Davao University
Individual sessions registration:
· Friday, June 15 (10 AM - 4 PM): All day program includes morning coffee/muffins and box lunch - $20
· Friday, June 15 (7 PM - 9:30 PM): Performance and Keynote Address - $10
· Saturday, June 16 (9 AM - 4 PM): All day program includes morning coffee/muffins and box lunch - $25
Special Rate for attending ALL sessions:
* Early Registration: $40 for all sessions.
* Onsite Registration: $50 for all sessions.
* Early Registration deadline: June 1, 2007.
Fill out and print the Registration form, then mail it in with your registration fee.
"KAPWA: You and I are One" Conference Registration Form
Sent Registration Checks to:
North Bay International Studies Project
1801 E. Cotati Ave.
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Make Checks payable to: North Bay International Studies Project
There is one SSU academic unit available for teachers who attend both days at an additional cost. Sign up for the unit on June 15, 2007.
Contact NBISP at Sonoma State University for further information.
Phone (707) 664-2409, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.